Changing for the Better

Relationships were not meant to stand still. Relationships are made to help us become stronger. Some people are put in our path to break our heart so we can learn how to heal and forgive. Some people drop in and drop out in a blink of an eye, right when we need them. Some relationships are roller coasters but they are worth the ride. However, some relationships change until they are unrecognizable.

Relationships are constantly shifting, but that is because people are changing. For instance, I am no longer that naive little girl who fell in love with the man with smooth words. I'm not the girl who throws things and yells when I don't get my way. I'm broken, but I have been duct taped back together thanks to the people who never gave up on me. Now I'm stronger than ever. Relationships that I thought were strong are so much stronger now because I am stronger. Why does God put certain people in our lives? Why did God give me the weaknesses that I have that makes relationships so hard for me to maintain? When do I push toxic people away and when do I give them another chance? Am I progressing towards perfection? I ask myself, “Is this person stopping me from progressing or is progress halted because I am pushing them away?” What is the purpose of relationships? 

This I do know: God knows who we need when we need a shove in the right direction. Because of my relationships, both good and bad, I have learned how to value my life. I've learned how to stop and think before talking. I've learned how to walk away from things I can't control. I've learned how to use my voice to stand up for who I am in a positive way. I found my confidence. I'm not always happy and I'm far from perfect. Somedays I take backward steps but then I try to leap forward. Relationships have come and gone. Some relationships might return, and some have simply changed into something new. Some relationships are worth fighting for. No, relationships won't stay the same, but the struggles between humanity, if handled positively has the power to create, not only stronger relationships, but stronger individuals as well.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This year

Growing Pains

Repeat