When Not to Laugh - Remember that time?

(I accidentally deleted this post so here it is again. Just a random story for your entertainment. Enjoy!)
The kids are playing nicely in the playroom. My siblings are surrounding me. “Game night!” We decide. Soon, our minds are engrossed in an intense game of of trickery and deceit. My brothers rule the game as they team up, making me lose miserably. My mind is only on revenge as I hear a shrill sound coming from the playroom. The sound is a distress call coming from my nephew. The game screeches to a stop as the child's mother goes to release him from the playroom. Only a few moments pass when we hear her shout, “What on Earth? Where are your clothes?” There is a brief moment of silence as the children realize they have been caught. The silence is shortly followed by a burst of uncontrollable giggles as my son emerges from the playroom. I suddenly understand the cause of his amusement. He is exposed and completely naked. My gaze glaces behind my nude son and I see another naked body. Both of the sweet innocent children are stripped down to their birthday suits. Everyone tries and fails to hide their snickering. Seeing the reaction throughout the group, my son begins bouncing around in a fit of laughter. I try to contain my smile with very little success. It's not funny, it's not funny, it's not funny, I repeat in my head as I take on a look of a strict mother. “Why did you take your clothes off?” I manage to say without my smile betraying my amusement. My son grins and says, “We thought it was funny.” I respond with a “That's not appropriate,” and I instruct him to get his clothes back on. He grabs his clothes and runs around for a second making sure that everyone gets a chance to look at how silly he is. He comes to a halt at my side when he sees my serious face. His clothes are shoved quickly back onto his body. With that taken care of, the game commences but, all who had witnessed the event of two crazy kids, has a secret smile added to their faces. That night I had a serious discussion about how special bodies are and how we need to keep our bodies covered. However, behind the scene, I think the whole situation is hilarious and innocent. “Remember the time when our kids got naked?” Will forever be a secret joke between my siblings and I.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This year

Growing Pains

Repeat